Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Wake Up and Smell the Butter. Part I

I can smell it, the ambivalence creeping over you, throwing an indifferent haze over what you see and what you can hear. I can see that meth is bad but butter, oh well, butter is the work of the devil; the reserve of the protagonists of Channel 4 programmes. "Saturated fat clogs your arteries and will concrete your soul faster than the expectation of divine reward...brother." 

However, we've been led astray by the people we were told to trust, by a misinformed idea of the big picture, by the corporate beast and all those who have sucked so hard...like a good piggy should. Half-fat this, low-calorie that, it was all one big lie - gold leafed wool that we had pulled over our eyes.  "I see", said the blind man, but fuck does it hurt, as through a sea of corrosive dogmatism, you realise that it wasn't light you were being led to, certainly not a land of milk and honey, no, it was a room full of men telling another room full of men how to make the other room richer...at your expense. Monkeys, jacking off other monkeys.

So, what the fuck am I talking about (if you haven't clocked on yet)???

The fact that we have been led to believe that low-fat was better, that margarine should be poured onto toast in the mornings, that eggs were bad (thanks Kellogs for that, you twats), that we should move away from what we were Paleolithically designed to consume, and head towards what some lab rat with a Lamborgini created. 

That's it. I just wanted to sow that seed. More will follow, but I suggest you start reading around. No, it's not cheating. I'll get over it, in spite of my wonderfully deluded idea of self-importance.

Anyway, I leave you with this from J.F.K:

"Too often we hold fast to the clichés of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."



No comments:

Post a Comment